Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The letters are out!

No turning back now.  I have sent out the letters to the prospects, requesting their participation in Striding For a Cure.  The mailing list includes coworkers, an aunt, grandparents, and many friends. 

Here is the letter they received:



Striding For A Cure
- Running the Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon to raise money for the
Cancer Research Institute and bring us all one ‘step’ closer to a cure -

On October 6, I am running the Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon.

I decided since I am running 26.2 miles, I am going to make it memorable.  When I brainstormed reasons to run, I immediately thought of my patients, coworkers, friends, and family members who have been affected by cancer – especially YOU. I am tired of being a bystander.  Now is our chance to fight back.

I am running in honor and remembrance of 26 people, 1 person for each mile, who has battled cancer. My goal is $2,600 ($100 per person) and the money raised will go to the Cancer Research Institute, a charity that's advancing immunology to conquer cancer.

With your permission, I would like to dedicate a mile of the marathon to you and raise money in your name.  In return, all I ask is that you:
  • Share your cancer story with me
  • Spread word of my mission to your family/friends/coworkers
  • If you’re able, cheer me on October 6 at your designated mile
Thank you for considering being apart of this journey.
I can’t wait to take these next steps with you!
-Andrea


Do you know a cancer survivor?  Or someone battling cancer?  Or somebody who has lost their fight?  There are still a few open spots and I'm looking for nominees!  

Find me on Facebook, send me an email at andreavorpahl@gmail.com, or post a comment if you or someone you know would like to participate.  Thanks for your support - I could not do this without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment