Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Week 3 - Recap

If you're wondering why this post is late, I apologize.  I was back home and without Internet access.  I couldn't write, but I could still run.

Week 3 details:
Monday - 3 mile run
Tuesday - 5 mile pace run
Friday - 3 mile run
Saturday - 6 mile run
Sunday - Cross-train (this week it entailed going to Strawberry Festival in Cedarburg)

In sad news, my fiancé's grandfather passed away recently.  Walter was 87 years-young when cancer took his life.  Although I only met him a few times, he made quite the impression on me.  He had kind eyes, a warm soul, and a smirk on his face.  After meeting him I understood where my fiancé got his sense of humor and strong will.  If you care to read Walter's obituary, you can find it here

Although Walter lived a long and fulfilling life, I am still outraged that cancer denied him of more years with his friends and family.  I've seen and felt this with young and old cancer patients alike, and the hurt is always the same.  This anger fuels my runs and is why I continue to fight for a cure for cancer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment