Monday, August 12, 2013

Week 10 - Recap

Week 10:
Monday - 4 mile run
Tuesday - 7 mile pace run 
Friday - 4 mile run
Saturday - 17 mile run

The 17 mile run took a little over 3 hours.  My good friend, Karen, accompanied me for a good chunk of the run, but then I was alone.  Left to my own devices for entertainment, my thoughts ran rampant. If there was a dialogue bubble above my head, this is what you would've read:


1. Oh my, what a beautiful day!

2. My legs are sore.  Maybe I shouldn't have danced so much last night.  Or maybe it's from the beer and cheese nuggets?...Nah.
3. Only 15 more miles to go!
4. I can't wait to take a nap. 
5. Are those cattle out of the fence? No, can't be. Wait... yea... those cattle are definitely loose. 
6. Move OVER car! I'm already running on the shoulder, the least you could do is give me some space.
7. I hate hills.  
8. I should've went to the bathroom before I left.
9. Skunk! - AAHH!  Oh wait, it's dead. I think. 
10. I'm so glad it's not hot out.
11. 10 more miles to go!
12. Is this where I'm supposed to turn?
13. I'll take country running over city running any day. 
14. ANOTHER hill?  Are you kidding me?!
15. My feet hurt. 
16. I should have worn my new shoes. 
17. I could really go for a donut. 
18. This Skratch is delicious. 
19. I wonder what they're doing at home.
20. 5 more miles to go? Really?! Ugh. 
21. Please don't let this car be anyone I know.
22. That's a pretty house. I wonder who lives there?
23. I need to get my license renewed. 
24. Screw it!  I'm walking up this hill and I don't even care.
25. Run with your heart. 
26. 3 more miles to go.  I can do this.
27. 2 more miles to go. I can't do this. 
28. 1 more mile! 
29. This seems like a really long mile. 
30. 17 Miles! Hallelujah! 
31. I'm tired. 

If you'd like to experience this random dialogue in person, you're always welcome to run with me :)

1 comment:

  1. I forgot about the cattle! I hope they made it down the hill safely!

    ReplyDelete