Monday, August 19, 2013

Week 11 - Recap

Week 11:
Monday - 5 mile run
Thursday - 8 mile run
Friday - 18 mile long run

I am going to be with frank with you during this week's blog post.  I am starting to feel uninspired.  I am 11 weeks into training and still have 7 more to go.  The running distances are getting longer and more challenging with each step.  I've bored myself crazy with listening to audiobooks, radio, podcasts, music, and nature.  I keep getting the same blister on the ball of my left foot, despite new shoes and socks.  The right ear bud never seems to stay in my ear.  And I've lost my mojo.

On the fundraising front, I'm at 41% and afraid I'm running out of time.  I realize any money raised for cancer research is a victory, but I really want to reach the goal.  I'd hate to disappoint the 26 Striding For a Cure participants. 

I'd love to give up - but I'm way too stubborn.  

So instead, I'll keep running and praying. 


No comments:

Post a Comment