Sunday, August 4, 2013

Week 9 - Recap

Week 9:
Monday - 4 mile
Wednesday - 7 mile pace run
Saturday - 13 mile long run

Halfway done with training! 9 more weeks until race day. 

When I was inspired to run this marathon and raise money for cancer research, I knew that I wanted to include a blog to journal my experience.  This social medium allows me to easily connect with the 26 people I'm running for, as well as their families, friends, and anyone else who is interested.  It's a way for me to vent, reflect, and share info. I expected the blog would get a few views, but the response has been outstanding.  As of today, the blog has been viewed 937 times.  Most of the reading audience comes from the United States, but the blog has also been viewed in Russia, Germany, Canada, Japan, Ukraine, Colombia, Spain, Indonesia, and Italy.  I am humbled by the interest in and support for Striding For a Cure. 

I hope you have enjoyed the journey thus far and will continue to follow me until I reach the finish line.  

No comments:

Post a Comment