Friday, September 20, 2013

MILE 11: Nicole Bjork - Hodgkin's Lymphoma

Nicole Bjork
Nicole and her family
Nicole is the cousin of my good friend, Melodie. 

Nicole had these words to share:

     I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in December of 2012. I knew that something was wrong because I was having fevers every day, insomnia, extreme fatigue and horribly itching skin. A CT scan showed swollen lymph nodes all over my body. A biopsy confirmed the Hodgki
n’s Lymphoma. I was set to undergo 12 treatments of the chemo ABVD, which would take 6 months. Half way through my treatment, I had a PET scan that showed that my cancer was gone. However, at the end of the six months of treatment, another PET scan showed that the cancer had returned. I then had to undergo three rounds of ICE chemo, which required a three-day hospitalization every time. I am now undergoing a stem cell transplant in the hopes that I will eventually get to remission. I expected to fight but didn’t expect to relapse so quickly. I also didn’t expect all of the kind deeds that others have done for me. I feel very blessed. Cancer has changed me in that my faith has deepened and I trust in God for everything. 
     Thank you for raising money to help find a cure for cancer. Please know that every step that you take is helping us to find a cure. No one should ever have to go through this!

To learn more about Nicole and follow her journey, visit: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/nicolebjork

In support of her stem cell transplant day, September 11, Nicole will represent Mile 11

Make a donation in honor of Nicole and others still fighting, those we have lost, and those who may one day be spared this fight because of what we‘re doing. 
Give to make yourself a part of this historical effort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment