Sunday, September 22, 2013

Week 16 - Recap

14 days until race day!  Part of me is like, "Only 2 more weeks?!"  And the other part of me is saying, "Let's get this over with already!"

Week 16:
Monday - 5 mile run
Tuesday - 4 mile pace run
Saturday - 12 mile long run

4 months of training are complete!  This past month I ran for 17 hours and logged 76 miles.  To date, I have ran 359 miles and have trained for over 63 hours.  To put the distance in perspective, it is about the equivalent of running from Milwaukee, WI to Akron, Ohio.

On the fundraising front, we have met and surpassed our goal!  The generosity of friends, family members, coworkers, and most surprising - strangers - continues to inspire and encourage me to keep running, keep fighting.  While I was doing my long run this weekend, I teared up just thinking about how far Striding For a Cure has come... from a little idea to now THIS!  The outpour of support is uplifting and astounding!

As the marathon nears, race details and spectator info will be posted.  Stay tuned and happy reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment